Shikampuri Kebab can be enjoyed as a starter/appetizer or as an side dish with any meal... they taste great when served with mint/pudina chutney..
500gms Mutton or Beef Mince
1/2 cup Chana dal
3-4 dry Kashmiri chillies
3-4 Green cardamom
two 1 inch cinnamon broken in pieces
5-6 Black peppercorns
1 tsp jeera/cumin
3-4 green chillies
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
For the stuffing or filling
Hing curd1/2 cup
Onion chopped finely
Coriander leaves 1/4 cup
Mint leaves chopped 2 tbsp
Then chilli chopped
- Put all the spices with meat or mince ginger garlic paste add water and also salt and cook the mince or meat till cooked the water should dry completely.
- Allow it to cool.
- Once cool grind to a paste without adding water.
- Add lime juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- In a bowl take hung curd add chopped onions,coriander leaves ,mint leaves,greem chilli and salt .
- Mix all well .
- Make equal sized balls with the mince mixture
- Flatten each ball on your palm.
- Stuff the hung curd mixture and cover the sides to seal.
- Dip it in beaten egg
- Heat oil in a frying pan
- Shallow fry in both sides till golden brown
- Serve with any chutney or dip..
to make hung curd tie curds in a muslin cloth for2-3 hours
To save time you can pressure cook the meat or mince with the dal and spices
I use mince to make this but you can use meat pieces .
after shaping these kebab you can keep it in the fridge for sometimes it becomes easier to fry them .
If you wish you could coat some breadcrumbs before you fry.
You can add nuts as well along with the hung curd mixture.