Batter Fried Squids /Calamari goes well with any dip or even taste good with ketchup.
12 -15 squids
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp black pepper/as needed
for the batter
1 cup maida/flour
1 tbsp cornflour
pepper powder as needed
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 - 3/4 cup soda water chilled
oil to deep fry
- Clean the calamari /squids well ,rinse and remove all excess water .
- Cut them into rings
- The squids needs to be dry without any water .
- Apply salt lime black pepper and keep aside for 30 minutes you can marinade and keep it in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to fry , mix cornflour ,maida in a bowl add salt pepper and the soda water .
- Mix with a whisk to a lump free batter .
- Heat oil to deep fry
- In a plate add some flour ,dip squids in the flour and then coat it with the batter .
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown .
- Drain on a kitchen towel /tissue
- Serve with Mayo/tartar sauce or any dip..