It's rich and very yummy in taste .because its a very rich Dessert I bake this on special occasions only .Rest of the days I prefer my favourite Creme Caramel or Caramel Custard.
1 can evaporated milk (410g)
1 can condensed milk (400g)
1 tbsp vanilla*
3/4 cup sugar
- Make caramel by melting the sugar in a sauce pan on medium low flame,keep stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes until you get amber colour caramel.
- Pour the caramel in a 8/9 inch pan ans swirl to coat .
- In a bowl mix together condensed milk , evaporated milk,eggs and vanilla .
- Mix with a whisk to combine .
- Pour this mixture in the mould .
- Preheat oven at 180 degree for 10minutes
- Bake in a water bath for 45 to 50 minutes at 180 degree Celsius or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the flan from the water bath and let to cool before unmoulding.
- Refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight..
- Run a knife at the edges to loosen the sides of the flan .
- Cover with a plate and flip to invert
- Serve chilled.
I have used 1 tsp vanilla paste and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
Water bath - take a baking tray , fill it with some water and place the pan with the flan mixture on it .
Be careful while placing the baking tray in ghe oven .
Also make sure that the water in the water bath should not enter the flan pan..