Gajar Halwa Recipe/Gajar Halwa Pressure Cooker Method

Gajar ka halwa
Gajar Halwa /Carrot Halwa is one of the most delicious and poplar Indian dessert. Gajar Halwa is loved by all especially in winters since the Red/Delhi carrots are available in abundance .You will find gajar halwa as dessert in parties ,weddings and in most of the sweet shop .Gajar Halwa can be enjoyed hot or cold personally I love it hot.


Gajar Halwa is my favourite and I make it quite often in winters until these Delhi carrots disappear from the market.
I have shared the traditional way of cooking halwa in the blog years before .Slowly cooked halwa with nuts and mawa taste simply divine but can be tiresome since it takes a while to get slow cooked .Today I'm sharing a quicker version that I make when I crave for this halwa and have no patience to cook it slowly .Using a pressure cooker makes things easy and saves the cooking time  without compromising on the taste .

Ingredients
1 1/2 kg carrot/Delhi carrot
150 gm.mawa
3 1/2 to 4 cups milk
1 1/2 to 2 cup sugar / as needed
1/2 cup mix nuts I used cashews almonds raisins and charoli.
1 /2 tsp cardamom powder .
4 tbsp ghee  


Gajar Halwa with khoya/mawa
Method
Rinse ,peel and grate carrots .
Heat n a pressure cooker  and add ghee.
Once hot add the grated carrots and saute for 6 to 7 minutes.
You may add the nuts and fry well.
Then add milk and mix.


Cover the pressure cooker with lid and cook for 2  whistles.
After 2 whisles cook over medium flame till the third whistle releases.
Release the pressure and open the lid .
Cook the carrots and dry up the milk.


Add sugar and cardamom powder and cook over medium flame until the mixture is dry when the mixture is dry add the crumbled mawa and mix.
Serve warm and enjoy .

Best gajar halwa recipe




  • You can add more sugar if required .
  • Mawa is optional but it adds more richness and taste .
  • Add nuts of your choice .



NewerStories OlderStories Home

2 comments:

Ruxana Gafoor said...

Wow!This is so yummy and quick :)

Rafeeda AR said...

I cook gajar halwa in cooker, because I love the mashed texture! The clicks are really pretty and making me drool...

Post a Comment