for the usal
1 cup boiled sprouts
1 tomato chopped
1 onion chopped finely
1 .5tsp kashmiri chilli powder/as needed
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp hing/asafoetida
1 tsp jaggery optional
a sprig of curry leaves
4-5 garlic crushed
1 tbsp oil.
salt to taste.
For the misal
1 cup farsan/chivda/Mixed Mixture
1/2 chopped onion
Slice of lime as needed.
- Heat oil in a vessel add cumin ,mustard seeds Once they crackle add curry leaves& hing.
- Then add crushed garlic and fry for 2-3 min.
- Then add chopped onions and fry over medium heat till soft & translucent.
- Put the chopped tomatoes and fry till soft.
- Mix in the chilli powder and all the powder masalas.
- Mix the boiled sprouts ,salt, jaggery and add about 1/4-1/2 cup water and let it come to nice boil.
Take the usal in a bowl /Plate ,top it with farsan & chopped onions .
Serve it with pav & slice of lime.