I made beef steak ,kebabs cutlets ,beef chilli,schezwan beef and saved some for beef roast..I enjoyed these dishes to my heart's content..So in this coming days you will see many beef recipes shared here..
Coming to today's recipe I made these lovely kebabs with some Yummy Plain Biryani Rice Mutton korma recipe to follow soon We had a lovely lunch My hubby was enjoying every bite and he just loved these kebabs I will be tyring these with Mutton next time ....For all those who long to eat beef here in Mumbai for time being you can try these recipes with mutton .
250 gmsBeef /Mutton Mince
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds/dhaniya
1 tsp cumin/zeera/jeera
1 tsp anardana/pomegrante seeds
2-3 dry red chilli
1 tsp pepper powder
wheat flour 2 tbsp
1-2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp mint leaves
3-4 green chillies/as needed chopped
1 small 0nion chopped
2 med sized tomato chopped or cut in slices
In a tava dry roast red chillies ,coriander and anardana/pomegranate seeds ,cumin/jeera till nice aroma comes let it cool then coarsely powder it in a mixer.
Then quickly just pulse onion ,green chilli and mince
To the mince mixture add the powdered chilli and cumin and ginger garlic paste ,salt
Add pepper powder ,egg ,wheat flour ,coriander mint leaves
then mix chopped seedless tomatoes and keep it in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
you can make it palm size n press a tomato slice n then fry
Heat a non stick pan /tava add oil ,once the oil 9s hot gently add the kebabs then shallow fry on both sides till brown and cooked well.
Anardana/pomegranate seeds give a nice taste to these kebabs but if you do not find them add 1 tsp lime juice
- i have tried making these kebabs in both ways by adding the chopped tomatoes to the mince mixture and also pressing a sliced tomato on the kebab ,you just need to be careful while frying the sliced tomato kebab ,there are chances for the tomato slice to come out while frying ,so you really need to press it on the kebab so it sticks well.
- Dry roasting chillies,cumin and coriander is optional but i prefer roasting it since it adds in more flavor.
- These Kebabs/kebabs can be frozen just mix all the ingredients shape it into kebabs and arrange it in a plate in a single layer and freeze it once frozen ,you can store it in zip lock bags or in an airtight container.
- If you do not eat beef try them with mutton /chicken mince.but it taste best with beef mince.
- The mince should be well drained if there is water left, the kababs will shrink while frying.