Mutton Korma/Kurma

Mutton Korma is an absolutely rich and delicious dish from the mughlai cuisine.  After Butter Chicken this dish is my favourite.I love the richness and the texture of the dish.
The gravy gets its richness from curds and  cashews which makes this dish even more tastier. However I have only used 1 tbsp oil but the gravy still looks as though Its made with lots of oil .It goes very well with Tandoori Roti/Naan/Rice/Pulav .I enjoyed it with some hot green peas pulav.
Ingredients:
500 gms Mutton
150 gms curds/yogurt
2 med sized tomatoes
3 onions sliced
1 tbsp heaped ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red masala/meat masala
1tsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
handful of mint leaves and coriander leaves +2-3 green chillies(ground to a smooth  paste)
10-15 cashews
1 tbsp oil.+frying onions.
salt to taste.
Method:
  • Wash the Mutton well and marinate with salt,turmeric powder ,curds.
  • Fry the onions till brown and crisp and keep aside.
  • Grind the tomato and cashews to a smooth paste.
  • Use the same oil in which the onions were fried .
  • In the cooker body heat oil add bay leaves and the marinated mutton along with the green paste.
  • Fry over medium heat for about 7-8 min 
  • Add the tomato and cashew nut paste and saute till the oil separates.
  • Add all the powdered masalas and the fried onions.
  • Mix all well add water (the gravy should be thick)
  • And pressure cook till the Mutton is well cooked.
  • Release the pressure once done and serve hot.
NewerStories OlderStories Home

12 comments:

Rafeeda AR said...

ah so rich it looks...

priya said...

looks so rich n tasty..yumm

Anonymous said...

so yummy..mouth watering ..would love to have it with some roti

Unknown said...

Hi Gloria, thank you very much for following my blog! I follow you too :) I L O V E korma dishes and I def have to try your recipe!

Anonymous said...

What is green paste you have mentioned in the recipe

Anonymous said...

Can I add some cream to the recipe and my family needs a lot of gravy so should I put more onion and tomatoes

Gloria Fernandes said...

Green chilli coriander and mint leaves..I have mentioned bin the list above

Gloria Fernandes said...

Yes u can increase the amount of tomatoes and onion as per your need..cream can be added on the end..

Anonymous said...

If I don't have meat masala can I add Malvani masala

Gloria Fernandes said...

yes sure you may add it.....

Neomi said...

Hi gloria can u please share the recipe for meat masala as yrvdish looks tempting..using any other massla may spoil the taste

Gloria Fernandes said...

Hi use any good brand meat masala powder dear.

Post a Comment