Pesto

I have always made pasta with tomato pasta sauce or white sauce . I always wanted to try Pesto but some way or the other i ended up making pasta in some other way.Finally i had all the ingredients needed and so without giving it a second thought I gave it a try...and I just fell in love with the fresh aroma that lingered in my house while making this.I also made a wonderful pesto pasta with garlic chicken which tasted so divine and my dear hubby became a huge fan of this pesto sauce and the pesto pasta...I now will be making it quite often and will be experimenting a  lot with this wonderful pesto..Its very simple to make do give it a try. Even though you don't have pine nuts you can still go ahead and make it using almonds or walnuts. ..

Ingredients:

  •  2 cups Fresh Basil
  •  1/4 cup pine nuts
  •  4 tbsp olive oil
  •  2-3 garlic cloves
  •  1 cups  grated Parmesan Cheese (i made it with amul)
  • salt and pepper to taste.

Method:
  1. Slightly roast the pine nuts for 5 minutes.
  2. Grab all your ingredients and just grind it by slowly adding the oil till smooth and incorporated.
  3. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate and use as desired.

Notes;

The cheese contains salt so add very little.
Store it in airtight container by adding little oil on top and then refrigerate.


NewerStories OlderStories Home

5 comments: