Chauli 1.5 cup
3 tbsp coconut
1 tbsp dhania /coriander seeds
1 tsp jeera
1.5 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp asafoetida
- Pressure cook the chaulis with salt and water.
- Dry roast the coconut, cumin and coriander seeds.
- Grind the roasted coconut to a smooth paste
- Heat oil in a vessel ,add mustard seeds
- Once it splutters add hing/asafoetida.
- Add sliced onions and fry till soft and pink
- Add the ground paste and the red chilli powder.
- Saute well till oil seperates
- Then add the boiled chawli/black eyed beans
- Add about 1 cup water
- Let it come to nice boil
- Lastly add garam masala powder and simmer for 5 min.
- Serve with rice ,chapati /rotis.