The Cake was soft and melt in mouth .I'll try to add some stepwise pics next time i make this.I was in hurry when I made this one so couldn't take stepwise pics.
For the Vanilla Sponge
1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp butter melted
3 eggs separated
1/3 cup powdered sugar
vanilla extract 1 tsp
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
- Separate eggs and yolks.
- Sift the flour and cornflour, baking powder ,baking soda and keep aside
- Beat yolks with butter, milk and vanilla till pale yellow and thick.
- Beat egg whites with sugar till soft peaks form.
- Add beaten egg whites in 3 to 4 mixture into the flour and yolk mixture.
- Pour the batter in baking tin lined with parchment.
- Pre heat the oven for 10 min
- Bake for 30 min at 180 degree Celsius
- Let it cool completely before icing.
For the icing
1 cup whipped cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
- Using the hand beater whip cream with the sugar and essence till stiff peaks .
- Slice the cake into two .
- Soak it with sugar syrup /fruit cocktail syrup.
- Place a dollop of whipped cream and with the help of palette knife spread it evenly.
- Top it with any fruits ,I topped it with strawberries .
- Then Place the other layer of the cake.
- Apply a thin layer of with whipped cream to do a crumb coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hrs.
- Then apply another coat of the whipped cream and decorate the sides of cake.
- Place the fruits on the top.
- Apply the clear glaze on the fruits with a pastry brush.
- Refrigerate the cake for 2-3 hrs before cutting.
for the glaze
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp cornflour
- Mix the sugar and water in a saucepan and place over medium heat till the sugar dissolves.
- Mix the cornflour and water and stir till you get a thick transparent mixture.
- Allow it to cool before you apply it over the fruits.