Here I have used whole wheat flour and it taste as good as the one made with maida/apf .The one we get on streets uses only maida and lots of oil is used . The roti is actually drenched in oil and the oil drips when you bite into frankie.I have used minimal oil.The filling can be made of your choice .I love chicken and so used this as filling.I also make this with mint yogurt chutney and add different fillings I will post that some other day.
Usually egg is fried over the roll first and then topped with fillings but since i dont eat eggs i just skip it. on the Frankie roll
Fot the roll
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
For the chicken filling
boneless chicken 250 gms cut into small pieces
2-3 green chilli
1 tomato chopped
2 med onion chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp coriander leaves
1/2 tsp garama masala powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1 thinly sliced onion
1/2 tspchaat masala
1/2 tsp lime juice/vinegar
grated cheese as needed
- Mix flour salt and water and knead to form a soft dough
- Cover the dough with wet cloth for 15 min and keep aside
- Roll into chapatis and roast on tava/pan with little oil.
- Mix sliced onions with chaat masala and 1/2 tsp lime juice and keep aside.
- Heat oil add chopped onions and saute till they turn soft
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute till they are mushy
- Add the chopped chillies,chilli powder,garam masala and coriander powder and little water so that the masala doesn't burn.
- Add the chicken pieces and saute till all the masala has coated the chicken well
- Mix about 1/2 cup water and cover the vessel with the lid
- Lastly add the lime juice and coriander leaves.
- Your filling is ready.
- Place the roti on the tava and pour the whisked egg and turn over to let the egg side cook.
- Place the chicken mixture on the roti
- Top it with the onions mixed with chaat masala.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and cheese.
- Roll it and serve .
You can also use maida and whole wheat flour in the same proportion 1:1 or you coud only use maida.
Usually egg is fried over the roll first and then topped with fillings but since i dont eat eggs i just skip it.
If you wish to add whisk egg with salt and little pepper and pour it ontt the Frankie roll when the roll is on tava turn it over so that the egg is cooked then proceed with the filling.