I have already posted Butter Chicken in my blog before but this Butter Chicken/Murg Makhani is a different recipe.This Butter Chicken/Murg makhani has been in my drafts since a year now .
I have posted few sweets recently and there some more coming up so for a change thought of posting The Butter Chicken today..Since Easter is nearing my Catholic readers can try this for Easter Lunch/Dinner
There is no onion no cashew paste used yet the gravy is thick creamy and delicious...Please do not skip the cream you can add 1-2 tbsp if you do not want a very rich gravy.I have used less butter you can increase the the amount as per your taste.The recipe is very simple and the ingredients are easily available in your pantry so go ahead and make Butter Chicken today.
400 gms boneless chicken cut in pieces
for the Tandoori chicken marination refer this Tandoori Chicken recipe
For the gravy
200 gms tomato pureed/paste
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
4tbsp fresh cream
1/2 inch cinnamon
3-4 green cardamom
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp sugar/honey
1/2 tsp kasoori methi/dry fenugreek leaves
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
- Marinate the tandoori chicken and grill/pan fry it..check the recipe for more.
- Heat oil and butter in a vessel add whole spices ,Saute for 2 minutes then add the ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes off
- Add the tomato puree ,red chilli powder ,garam masala powder and saute till oil separates
- Add water and let it come to a nice boil then simmer and cook for 6-8 minutes
- Add the sugar/honey ,kasoori methi and mix then add the chicken pieces and fresh cream
- Serve hot with Naan/Rice/
- You can skip the coal smoke part from the tandoori chicken recipe but it would give a nice aroma and restaurant feel to the butter chicken.
- I have used amul fresh cream you can use any fresh cream which comes in tetra pack.
- I have used kashmiri red chilli powder and red ripe tomato hence the colour
- Sugar /Honey is added to balence the sourness from the tomatoes.