It can be eaten with chapati too..
This year I made a huge batch of mango pickles and chutney but somehow forgot to post it here. Thought of posting it today as there are hardly any days left for the summers to get over but you can still make this chutney as you need semi ripe mangoes for this mango chutney ...
This Mango chutney is quick and easy to make and can be enjoyed soon after you make it .
1 kg mangoes semi ripe
1 kg sugar
12-15 garlic cloves
2 inch ginger
10 -15 almonds
2 -3 tbsp raisins
1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
2 tbsp vinegar
- Wash the mangoes,wipe it clean and dry and Peel the Mangoes ,discard the seed and grate them .
- Slice the Almonds and keep aside
- Cut the ginger and garlic into juliennes.
- In a Pan take the grated mangoes and add about 1/2 cup water and place the pan over gas on medium flame.
- Let it come to a nice boil .
- Add the sugar and cook while stirring all the time.
- You will see bubbles appearing
- Remove the scum with spoon and cook till all the mixture thickens
- Add chilli powder ,ginger garlic and the almonds and raisins and add salt
- Cook for 2-3 minutes
- The consistency should be jam like.
- Switch the flame off and mix in the vinegar .
- Allow it to cool completely then fill it in sterilised glass bottles.
Use Kashmiri Red chilli powder for a lovely red colour..
This chutney stays well for a year if stored well in a clean , dry, sterilised air tight bottle.