This amazing Kulcha is so easy to make and taste super yummy Usually Kulcha are made in hot tandoor but you can easily make it on gas stove or electric oven .please do try this you will love it .
2 cups flour/maida
1/2 cup curds/yogurt/dahi
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
For the filling
2 potatoes boiled
2 green chillies chopped
3 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
1/4 tsp haldi/ turmeric
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp anardana powder or lime juice .
Butter as needed
Sesame seeds as required
- Sift the flour add salt baking powder and baking soda and mix .
- To this add curds and knead till it all comes together .
- Add oil and knead to a soft dough .
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 2-3 hours.
- Meanwhile make the filling .
- Mix together boiled mashed potatoes and all the ingredients mentioned .
- Divide into 6 balls and keep aside.
- After 2-3 hours you will see the dough is soft and smooth .
- Divide into 6 balls .
- Flatten each ball and stuff the potato filling .
- Cover the sides .
- Dust little flour and.roll it into a round disc with with a rolling pin.
- Add little drops of water on the Kulcha
- Sprinkle sesame seeds kalonji and coriander leaves so that it sticks on the Kulcha .
- Heat a tava.
- On one side of the Kulcha put few drops of water and place that side down on the hot tava .
- Cook on medium flame till it is brown and cooked.on both sides .
- Apply a dollop of butter and serve hot with chole or enjoy with curds and pickle ...