for the filling
300 gms chicken breast
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 carrot grated
2 onion chopped finely
2 tsp minced ginger
7-8 garlic chopped
3-4 green chillies chopped
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder (optional)
2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
A sprig of curry leaves
2 tbsp oil
For the covering
2 1/2 cups flour /maida
2 tbsp Ghee /Vanaspati
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup to 1 cup Lukewarm Water to knead
First prepare the filling
- Boil chicken with 2 green chillies,1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt and pepper as per taste .
- Shred it to pieces and keep aside .
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds and curry leaves .
- Add in the chopped ginger garlic and green chillies and fry on med flame for 5 minutes .
- Then add onion and saute till it turns golden brown
- Add the grated carrot and saute for sometime .
- Add the shredded chicken and coriander leaves .
- Also add the garam Masala powder ,pepper powder
- Mix well and switch the flame off and add 1 tsp lime juice .
- Your filling is ready ..allow it to cool .
Prepare the dough for the outer covering .
- Sift the flour and baking powder .
- To the flour add ghee ,salt and mix well
- Add the lukewarm water and knead to a soft smooth dough ..
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 30-40 minutes .
- Divide into round balls .
- Roll it like a chapati .
- Cut into squares using pizza cutter or knife .
- Apply paste of maida and water at the edges .
- Keep the filling in the centre
- Cover with another square .
- With a fork press alt sides to seal .
- Or you can take a bigger square and apply the paste at the edges and keep the filling on one side of the square and fold the other half to cover then with the fork press the ends .
- Repeat the same with all .
- Heat oil to deep fry .
- Once the oil is hot ,fry 3-4 puffs at a time do not overcrowd .
- Fry on med flame on both sides till golden brown .