100 gms powdered sugar /brown sugar
- Soak the dates in 3/4 cup hot boiling water and baking soda keep it aside for 30 minutes
- Grease a 8 inch loaf tin with oil and cover it with butter paper or line it with parchment .
- Pre heat oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes
- Sift flour and baking powder together and keep aside .
- Beat butter,oil and sugar in a bowl until creamy and fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Mash the banana and add it to the date mixture,blend it until smooth.
- To this add the butter egg mixture and cinnamon powder ,milk and blend it till well incorporated.
- Add the sifted flour and mix with spatula or beat on low speed
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake tin
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 45- 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
you may add walnuts if you want,dust them with flour before mixing in the batter.
i have used seedless black oman dates you can use the brown ones too.