I am enjoying baking these days inspired by my darling friend Suhaina I now feel like baking every second day .By God's grace I now can bake breads/buns quite well than I used to some years ago .After baking Suhaina's Eggless Hamburger Buns I kind of got confidence in baking I baked Caterpillar Bread which again was a huge hit .I had bookmarked the recipe for caterpillar bread and Rose Rolls since very long finally gave it a try last week .And I'm really Happy with the result. For Rose Rolls too I used the same Chicken and Capsicum filling.You are free to use the filling of your choice.
for the bread
2 cups flour
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1.5 tsp yeast
1 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil.
for the filling recipe click here
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water along with 1 tbsp sugar let it sit for a while till its frothy.
- Mix the flour,salt,milk powder together in a bowl ,to this add the yeast .
- Start kneading to a soft dough adding milk,melted butter.
- Once it turns to a soft sticky mass slowly add in the oil .
- Knead well for 8-10 min till you get a smooth soft dough.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and set aside for 1 hr or till itdoubles the size.
- Once it has doubled punch down and knead for 4-5 min.
- Divide into balls .
- Roll it flat like a chapatti.
- Place the filling in the centre ,Make four cuts diagonally opposite.
- Brush a bit of butter on the edges of rolled dough.
- Take one of the sections and cover the side of the filling with it.
- Take the opposite side's section and cover the other side of the filling with it.
- Repeat with the two last sections.:
- Pinch the dough on the side to seal it.
- Repeat the same till all the rose rolls are ready.
- Brush butter/egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Preheat the oven for 10 min at 180 degree.
- Place the prepared rolls on a greased tray and bake in preheated oven for 20 min .
- enjoy freshly baked Rose Rolls warm or cold...
sending this to Kids Lunch Box Recipes ..event by indusladies.com