I am enjoying baking these days inspired by my darling friend Suhaina I now feel like baking every second day .By God's grace I now can bake breads/buns quite well than I used to some years ago .After baking Suhaina's Eggless Hamburger Buns I kind of got confidence in baking I baked Caterpillar Bread which again was a huge hit .I had bookmarked the recipe for caterpillar bread and Rose Rolls since very long finally gave it a try last week .And I'm really Happy with the result. For Rose Rolls too I used the same Chicken and Capsicum filling.You are free to use the filling of your choice.These Rose rolls are so soft and absolutely delish..try it you will love for sure.
for the bread
2 cups flour
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1.5 tsp yeast
1 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil.
for the filling recipe click here
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water along with 1 tbsp sugar let it sit for a while till its frothy.
- Mix the flour,salt,milk powder together in a bowl ,to this add the yeast .
- Start kneading to a soft dough adding milk,melted butter.
- Once it turns to a soft sticky mass slowly add in the oil .
- Knead well for 8-10 min till you get a smooth soft dough.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and set aside for 1 hr or till itdoubles the size.
- Once it has doubled punch down and knead for 4-5 min.
- Divide into balls .
- Roll it flat like a chapatti.
- Place the filling in the centre ,Make four cuts diagonally opposite.
- Brush a bit of butter on the edges of rolled dough.
- Take one of the sections and cover the side of the filling with it.
- Take the opposite side's section and cover the other side of the filling with it.
- Repeat with the two last sections.:
- Pinch the dough on the side to seal it.
- Repeat the same till all the rose rolls are ready.
- Brush butter/egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Preheat the oven for 10 min at 180 degree.
- Place the prepared rolls on a greased tray and bake in preheated oven for 20 min .
- enjoy freshly baked Rose Rolls warm or cold...