The most gooey and chocolaty cake i have made till date I rather call this a pudding its a cake poked then filled with chocolate pudding ,melted chocolate and then covered with ganache..though its time consuming but worth every effort..A treat for Chocolate lovers...
For the cake
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup hot water 1 tsp coffee
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup oil
For the pudding layer
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
1 cup + 1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp butter
second chocolate layer (optional)
100 gms chopped chocolate (melted over double boiler
for the frosting/final layer
1/2 cup fresh cream( i used amul)
50 gms chopped chocolate ( i used dark )
chocolate chips to decorate
- In a bowl sift together APF/Maida ,Cocoa powder,Baking powder and baking soda
- Add lime juice to the milk and keep aside
- Add in eggs and mix well
- Then add milk,oil and Hot water mixed with instant coffee.
- Also add sugar and mix well
- Mix all well with a whisk then pour in a prepared pan greased well and lined with parchment paper/butter paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree for about 40-45 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once done ,allow it to cool for 10 min then poke holes in the cake with back of a spoon or knife.
- Mix the ingredients under pudding layer and place it on the gas on low flame let it boil for a minute the mixture will start to thicken ,switch the gas off and remove the pan from the flame and add butter .
- Pour this on the cake .let it seep into all the holes
- Then Pour in the melted chocolate (optional)
- Let it cool at room temperature then keep it in the fridge for 3-4 hrs.
- Make ganache by putting the cream in a saucepan and place it on low flame,you will see bubbles at the edges ,add the chopped chocolate and let it sit for 2-3 min then mix well till the chocolate is melted.
- After 3-4 hrs ,pour the ganache over the cake .
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and let it set for 2-3 hrs before cutting the cake and enjoy
the cake is moist and gooey so don't try to invert it..just cut it and enjoy
If you want to make it eggless simply skip eggs and proceed.
The cake may take 45 to 50 min depending on the oven make sure the toothpick comes out clean .
If you dont want to cook the pudding you can add 1/2 cup condensed milk and about 50 gms melted chocolate and fill the holes..i didnt do as i ran out of condensed milk and I didnt want it to be very sweet.