.So I just soaked chanas and used the chicken and this delicious pulao was ready.
This Chana and Chicken Pulao went really well with onion and tomato raita.It was a very satisfying one pot meal .There is nothing fancy used in this Chicken and Chana Pulao .I just added fried onions/barista for a nice taste.Do try this easy and delicious pulao which gets ready within 30 mins if you have soaked chanas and marinated chicken ahead. Make it in a pressure cooker as I did cos it saves time and is best when you are pressed with time.
1 cup boiled kabuli chana/chick peas
250 gms chicken breast /boneless chicken
2 med sized onions sliced thinly
1 1/2 cup basmati rice
2 tbsp oil
3-4 tbsp curds
1/2 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
1 tsp chicken masala/biryani masala powder
2 1/2 -3 cups hot water
for the chicken marination
4-5 green chillies/as needed
1 inch Cinnamon
8-9 black pepper
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup coriander leaves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
For the chicken
- Wash the chicken breast pat dry apply salt and keep aside
- Grind everything under the chicken marination with little water to a paste
- Apply the paste to the chicken and keep aside
- This can be freezed in airtight container for a week
- When required remove the container bring it at room temperature and use the chicken for pulao/just fry/steam.
- Soak the chana/chickpeas overnight and pressure cook with salt and water for 2-3 whistles.
- Wash and Soak 1 1/2 cup rice for 10-15 mins
- In a pressure cooker vessel add 2 tbsp oil and add sliced onions and fry over med flame till the onions turn golden brown .
- Add the marinated chicken pieces along with the masala and saute for 4-5 min over med flame.
- Add the curds and the masala powder and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the soaked rice and saute for 3-4 mins
- Mix the boiled chanas/chickpeas
- Add hot water
- Cover the pressure cooker with the lid and cook over medium heat for 2 whistles
- Release the pressure then open the lid,fluff the rice with fork .
- Serve hot with onion tomato or boondi raita .