1/2 kg chicken cut in strips/cubed
1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp pepper crushed
1 egg beaten
1 tbsp cornflour
1.5 tsp chilli sauce/chilli paste/ as needed
4-5 spring onions both the green and onion chopped
3-4 green chilli chopped
1 tbsp chilli paste/as needed
1 tbsp soy sauce
2-3 tbsp tomato ketchup
2-3 tbsp oil
- Wash the chicken pieces and pat dry.
- Marinate chicken with ginger garlic paste, chiili paste,salt ,pepper ,cornflour and egg and keep aside for 20 mins.
- Mix the chilli paste/chilli sauce ,soy sauce and tomato paste/sauce in a bowl and keep aside.
- Shallow fry the chicken pieces over medium flame till done.
- Heat a pan add oil then add cashews fry and keep aside
- Add green chillies,chopped garlic and saute
- Mix in capsicum and onion and saute for 3-4 mins
- Then add the mixed sauces
- Add the fried chicken and toss well till the chicken pieces coat well with the sauces.
- Add in the fried cashews .
- Serve hot with Fried rice or Noodles
If you don't have chilli sauce soak 5-6 kashmiri red chillies for 10 min in hot water then grind with vinegar to smooth paste thats what i do.
You can adjust the amount of chilli sauce and tomato sauce as per your taste.
This dish is usually served dry but if you want make a gravy ,add 1 tbsp cornflour on 1 1/2 cup mix well so that no lumps are formed then add this slurry to the chicken after you add sauces and cook for 2-3 mins..the gravy will thicken .