I love Love seekh kababs , as a kid i use to enjoy this with naan bread which we used to get with this...Since beef is banned in Mumbai I have never tried seekh kababs home and was missing them terribly
I thought of making Chicken Malai seekh kabab a recipe which was in my mind since long I made spicy mutton biryani on sunday and aslo made these melt in mouth Chicken malai seekh kabab..
Though i have a segri to grill the kababs i tried these on wooden skewers n pan fried them...they were equally good to get the bbq taste i gave a dum of coal to the mince n then made kababs
Do try them atleast once and I bet you will stop buying seekh kabas from out.
1/2 kg chicken mince
1 onion chopped
5-6 green chillies
5-7 black pepper
1 inch ginger
7-9 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander cumin powder
1 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp fresh cream
mint leaves chopped
- If you have chicken mince then you can use it ,I have used boneless chicken pieces and then ground it.
- Along with the ground mince add chili ,pepper ,onion,coriander leaves and ginger garlic cashews egg and grind till smooth paste.
- Remove in a bowl then add coriander cumin powder,garam masala powder salt and lime
- Add the cream and chopped mint leaves and mix well
- Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Heat the coal and place an aluminium foil on the mince then place the hot coal and just add a drop of oi on the burning coal immediately cover the bowl with another vessel so that no air escapes and the coal aroma enters the mixture.
- Soak the wooden skewers for 1 hr in water
- Oil /wet your hands take the mixture in your hand and shape it into kebabs on the stick
- I kept in the fridge for 20 mins so that they were set.
- Heat a pan add 1 tsp oil and pan fry the kebabs from all side till they are brown.
- Serve with mint chutney and onion rings.