200 gms Paneer
200 gms condensed milk
Generous pinch of saffron soaked in 1 tbsp warm milk
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
1 tsp Ghee
- Crumble paneer and keep aside
- Grind paneer and condensed together in a blender or mixer to a paste .
- In a non stick pan add the paste and cook on low flame .
- Add cardamom powder and ghee and keep stirring occasionally so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of pan .
- Add saffron infused milk and mix well .
- You will see that it begins to thicken .
- Continue to stir until it starts leaving sides.
- Once it reaches this stage switch the flame off .
- Remove the paneer mixture in a plate greased with ghee
- Let it cool for sometime.
- With the palm of your hands knead to a dough .
- It will look grainy initially but as it cools It will be easier to knead to a soft dough.
- Divide into equal balls and shape into ladoos .
- You can stick almonds/pista or any nut you wish .
- Enjoy these delicious ladoos .
You can even add 5-6 tbsp powdered sugar and 1/4 cup milk and skip adding condensed milk .
The original recipe calls for 3/4 cup but this was perfect for me.
You can even keep it simple and white in colour,in that case avoid adding saffron.
If using store brought frozen paneer,immerse it in hot water for 15 minutes or till it softens .
If using sugar you can grind the sugar and milk along with the crumbled paneer .
You can decorate it by making a coloured dot using food colour.