This poha chivda has a very long shelf life you can store it for many weeks or until months if stored well in an airtight containers.
1/2 kg flattened rice/thin poha
1/2 cup roasted gram/daalia
1/2 cup raw peanuts
2 tbsp raisins
15-20 cashew halved
3 green chillies
2 sprigs Curry leaves
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp fennel/sauna
1/2 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida/hing
1 -2 tbsp sugar
Thinly sliced coconut 1 tbsp
2 tbsp oil
- In a large kadhai/Pan dry roast poha on medium heat until crisp .
- Roast poha in batches
- Transfer the poha in a plate or bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan add oil once the oil is hot switch the flame to medium and add peanuts and daliaa fry well on medium flame till light brown and crisp.
- remove the peanuts and daliaa in a plate In the same oil add cashews and raisins and fry till golden brown ,remove in a plate .
- Now add mustard seeds cumin seeds curry leaves ,green chillies and turmeric powder/haldi
- Immediately add the poha and mix well
- Add the fried cashews peanuts and raisins .
- Add salt ,sugar,fennel seeds and mix well.
- Let the chivda cool completely before storing in airtight container.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee or just munch on in any time of the day .
Fry the curry leaves and green chillies till crisp or it will remain soggy and make the chivda soggy too.
Roast the poha over medium flame always and keep stirring it so that it does not turn brown.
You may increase the green chillies according to your taste.
You can use powdered or granulated sugar,i have used granulated.
I did not add roasted coconut slices as i don't like,you can roast thinly sliced dry coconut before roasting peanuts .