1 packet vermicelli (200 gms)
2 med sized onions chopped
1 tomato chopped
3-4 green chillies slitted
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 cup green peas
1 potato cut in small cubes
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
lime juice as needed
- In a Pan add 1 tsp oil and roast the vermicelli on med flame for 3 min till they turn brown,switch off the flame and keep aside.If using roasted vermicelli skip this step.
- Boil the green peas,potatoes and carrot with salt and water. Don't throw the water use that to cook the vermicelli later.
- In a vessel heat 1 tbsp oil ,add the bay leaves ,onion saute the onions till they turn translucent.
- Put the ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped tomato and saute for 3 to 4 min.
- Mix the red chilli powder,garam masala,pepper salt and add little water.
- Mix in the roasted vermicelli and veggies ,add about 2 1/2 cup to 3 cups water and cover and let it come to a nice boil.
- Cover with the lid and reduce the flame to low .Just stir once and cook further till the water evaporates.
- Mix the lime juice and add chopped coriander leaves.Serve hot with some raita .