These beetroot cheese balls make a great starter,you can even pack these for your kids lunch box,in that case do not use mozzarella cheese.
These beetroot cheese balls are guilt free as it's made in paniyaram or Appe pan with minimal oil but its still crispy and delicious .
2 big beetroot
3 potatoes boiled
1 tsp Green chilli and ginger paste*
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
Chaat masala as needed
salt to taste
1/2 cup Processed Cheese
1/2 cup grated Mozzarella Cheese
Bread crumbs to coat
2 tbsp Cornflour /cornstarch
- Boil beetroot , grate it and keep aside .
- Boil and mash potatoes
- In a bowl mix boiled potatoes beetroot ,salt ,ginger green chilli paste,pepper powder, red chilli powder mix well to a smooth dough
- Add cornflour or breadcrumbs to bind it only if needed .
- Make a slurry of cornflour and water .
- Dip the balls in this slurry .
- Roll it In breadcrumbs so that it coats the balls well.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 20-30 Minutes .
- Heat the Appe pan and in each hole or cavity put few drops of oil
- Fry the balls on all sides until crisp .
- Serve with ketchup or any dip
I have made these in appe pan using very little oil,you can deep fry or even shallow fry these.
Feel free to adjust the spices and seasonings
I have used green chillies and ginger paste ,you can add 1 tsp minced ginger and 2-3 finely chopped green chillies instead .
Use processed or cheddar cheese if you dont have mozzarella