I was still left with a small bunch of methi thought of adding it to the chicken..I had already tried methi chicken before and had no curds to make it again..I had some marinated chicken chunks so i just tossed it in a grill pan and made a gravy and added fenugreek/methi to it...I did not add any cashew paste or poppy seeds paste but still this butter chicken was simply amazing
This the best way you can feed your fussy kids leaf veggies..methi enhances the taste of the chicken and gives a nice flavour.. This is a quick version of butter chicken I have ground the onions and tomatoes together to save time and added malai instead of fresh cream.I made it thrice in a week and it tasted better everytime.
It goes really well with naan but i enjoyed with theplas...So do try this very yummy Methi Butter Chicken
for the chicken marination
300 gms chicken breast
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp lime juice
A small bunch of methi/fenugreek leaves
2 big tomatoes
1 onion sliced
2 bay leaves
1 tsp chilli powder/mutton masala
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp fresh cream/malai
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil
- Cut the methi and wash it keep it aside
- Marinate the chicken for 20 min with the ingredients listed and toss it on a non stick or grill pan till done.
- Heat a pan add 1 tsp oil ,Saute the onions till it turns golden
- Grind the onion and tomatoes together to a puree.
- In the non stick kadhai add 2 tbsp oil once hot add bay leaves then add the ground onion and tomato paste
- Fry well on medium flame till oil separates
- Then add chilli powder salt and garam masala powder,mix well
- Add sugar to balance the tang from the tomatoes.
- Add chopped fenugreek/methi and add about 3/4 -1 cup water /as needed cook with the lid covered for 6-8 minutes
- Open the lid and add the chicken mix well let it boil for few minutes
- Then add garam masala powder, give it a stir and switch the flame off and lastly add cream and butter
- Serve hot with naan/jeera rice/any pulao or rotis.